Having high-tech older siblings has its advantages. The Disruption 78C benefits from hand-me-down technology that allows K2 to pack in features that put other skis in this price range to shame. Equipped with a Speed Rocker profile, Dark Matter Damping and the lightweight agility of K2's carbon I-Beam construction and you have a speed-oriented ski that will let you hang with the best.
- Speed Rocker™ - Short and low rise in the tip for quick turn initiation and precise steering.
- Aspen Core - A single wood species ensures consistency - giving riders the advantage of a proven flex, durability, and snap.
- Dark Matter Damping - DMD - A process in where we sandwich a polymeric damper between two layers of high modulus carbon, and strategically place it along the ski edge. While your grasp of the outer reaches of our celestial sphere may be limited, DMD is a much simpler construct: improved edge grip and control. And with more grip and control, you can push faster, harder, and pull in to the turn like never before.
- Carbon I-Beam- Full length uni-directional carbon running from tip to tail, providing increased accuracy and energy along the entire length of the ski.
- Powerwall - Power transfer is dramatically enhanced with the oversized ABS sidewalls that are laminated and pocketed within the woodcore in the midbody of the ski. With the sidewall extending into the heart of the ski, the transmission of energy from skier to ski edge is direct and precise.